Denton Estate Attorneys
Providing Compassionate and Knowledgeable Estate Law Services in Denton, TX
Are you looking for professional assistance in matters pertaining to estate planning and administration? Look no further than Coker, Robb & Cannon, your trusted estate law experts in Denton, TX. We are committed to providing personalized legal solutions and our team is dedicated to helping individuals and families navigate the complexities of estate law with ease and peace of mind.
As seasoned estate lawyers, our mission is to protect your assets, preserve your legacy, and ensure that your wishes are carried out exactly as you desire. Whether you are seeking assistance in creating a will or trust, navigating the probate process, or appointing guardians for loved ones, we are here to guide you every step of the way.
Call us today at (940) 293-2313 or send us a contact form to learn more.
Comprehensive Estate Law Services Tailored to Your Unique Needs
At Coker, Robb & Cannon, we understand that each client has individualized goals and concerns when it comes to estate planning. Our skilled estate attorneys have extensive experience in handling a wide range of estate law cases, ensuring that we can effectively address your specific needs.
Here are some of the key areas we can assist you with:
- Wills: Our estate lawyers can help you draft a clear and legally sound will that accurately reflects your wishes regarding the distribution of assets, appointment of executors, and guardianship of minors.
- Trusts: If you seek to protect your assets, minimize estate taxes, or provide for the long-term care of your loved ones, we can guide you through the process of establishing trusts such as revocable living trusts, irrevocable trusts, or special needs trusts.
- Probate: When a loved one passes away, our compassionate attorneys can provide guidance through the probate process, ensuring that the deceased's assets are distributed according to their wishes and the applicable laws.
- Guardianship: We can assist in the appointment of guardians for minors or incapacitated adults, ensuring that their best interests are protected and their care is entrusted to responsible individuals.
Safeguarding Your Legacy: Understanding Wills and Trusts
Wills and trusts are fundamental tools in estate planning that enable you to dictate how your assets will be managed and distributed upon your passing. While both serve similar purposes, they differ in their scope and function.
- Wills are legal documents that outline your instructions regarding the division of your assets, appointment of an executor, and guardianship of minor children. A will allows you to provide for your loved ones, designate beneficiaries, and express your final wishes. Our experienced estate attorneys can guide you through the creation of a comprehensive will that ensures your intentions are accurately recorded.
- Trusts, on the other hand, are legal entities that hold and manage assets on behalf of beneficiaries. By establishing a trust, you can avoid the probate process, maintain privacy, and provide for the ongoing care and support of your loved ones. Trusts offer flexibility, as they can be modified during your lifetime to adapt to changing circumstances. Our skilled attorneys will work closely with you to craft a trust that aligns with your goals and safeguards your assets.
Whether you require a will or trust, our knowledgeable team can assist you in creating these essential documents, ensuring that they are legally valid and reflect your precise intentions. We can also provide guidance on modifying existing wills or trusts when necessary, helping you adapt to new life events or changes in your estate planning goals.
Transparency and Guidance in the Probate Process
The probate process is a legal procedure that validates a deceased individual's will, settles outstanding debts, and distributes assets to beneficiaries. Understanding how probate works and when it is required can provide clarity and peace of mind during a challenging time.
Probate is typically necessary when an individual passes away with assets solely in their name or when their assets are not protected by a trust. Our skilled estate lawyers can assist you in navigating the probate process, ensuring that all legal requirements are met while minimizing complications and delays.
During probate, the following steps are typically involved:
- Filing the will: The deceased's will is filed with the appropriate court, which initiates the probate process.
- Appointment of an executor: The court appoints an executor named in the will or a personal representative to oversee the administration of the estate.
- Asset inventory and appraisal: All assets owned by the deceased are identified, inventoried, and appraised to determine their value.
- Debts and taxes: The estate's outstanding debts and taxes are settled using the deceased's assets.
- Asset distribution: Finally, the remaining assets are distributed to the beneficiaries according to the terms outlined in the will or the state's intestacy laws.
Our experienced estate attorneys are here to guide you through each step of the probate process, providing comprehensive legal support and ensuring that the wishes of the deceased are fulfilled while protecting your rights and interests.
Protecting Your Loved Ones: Understanding Guardianship
Appointing guardians for minors or incapacitated adults is a critical aspect of estate planning. A guardian is responsible for making important decisions regarding the personal welfare and financial matters of those who are unable to care for themselves. Understanding the legal procedures and the roles and responsibilities of guardians is essential for ensuring the well-being of your loved ones.
To appoint a guardian, the following steps are typically involved:
- Petition for guardianship: An interested party files a petition with the court, seeking the appointment of a guardian.
- Evaluation and investigation: The court evaluates the petitioner's qualifications and conducts an investigation to assess the proposed ward's best interests.
- Court hearing: A hearing is scheduled where all relevant parties can present their arguments and the court can make a decision regarding guardianship.
- Guardianship duties: Once appointed, a guardian assumes responsibilities such as managing finances, making healthcare decisions, and ensuring the overall well-being of the ward.
While guardians have significant authority and decision-making power, they are also subject to certain limitations imposed by the court and are required to act in the best interests of the ward.
At Coker, Robb & Cannon, our experienced estate attorneys can provide the guidance you need to navigate the complex process of appointing guardians. We will assist you in understanding the legal requirements, represent your interests in court, and ensure that your loved ones receive the protection and care they deserve.
Contact Coker, Robb & Cannon today for comprehensive estate law services in Denton, TX. Our dedicated team is ready to assist you in all aspects of estate planning, wills, trusts, probate, and guardianship, providing you with peace of mind and confidence in securing your legacy.
Duane Coker Attorney & Founding Shareholder
Kelly K. E. Robb Attorney & Senior Shareholder
Jacqueline Cannon Attorney & Senior Shareholder
Shelby D. Hart Attorney & Shareholder
Malorie Crosley Attorney
Lauren Cardamone Attorney
C. Ashley Covert Attorney
Anthony Pax Attorney
Sheba George Attorney
Arianna Smith Attorney
Jack Beesley Attorney
Victoria McDowell-Drew Attorney
Tyler Livingston Attorney
Financing Options Are Available to Help You Get Started
Deeply Committed to Listening & Helping You
Video Consultations & Meetings Available
Working Hard to Achieve the Best Results Possible
At Coker, Robb & Cannon, our mission is to provide compassionate and comprehensive legal representation to individuals and families navigating the complexities within family law. We are dedicated to providing the absolute best client service and legal representation. We are responsive to our client’s needs and goals while remaining steadfast in our pursuit and maintenance of the legal knowledge and skill to help achieve those goals.
- Client-Centered Approach: Our clients are why we are here, and we are committed to doing the best job possible for them. This includes regularly communicating with our clients, understanding each client’s personal goals and needs, developing an individualized plan focused on their goals and needs, and working together to achieve the best results possible.
- Excellence in Legal Representation: We will ensure that our legal team utilizes each member’s unique skills and experience by combining each member’s knowledge of family law with our deep understanding of the emotional challenges that often accompany family law issues. We will always strive to provide skilled and zealous advocacy in all areas of our practice.
- Minimizing impact: We are committed to the belief that a family law firm should do everything possible to minimize negative impacts to our clients, our clients’ children, and the marital estate. This includes managing expectations throughout our representation and fully advising our clients on potential options while balancing the client’s stated goals with the costs, both financial and emotional, of achieving those goals.
- Compassionate & Intelligent Advocacy: Our goal is to foster a supportive and trusting environment where clients feel heard, understood, and empowered. We believe in open and honest communication, even when it is difficult for a client to hear or a team member to give. We will ensure that our clients are well-informed about their rights, possible options, and the potential outcomes of their cases. By taking the time to listen attentively to our clients' unique needs and concerns, we tailor our legal strategies to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients and their families.
- Team Approach: Our firm is a unified team, and our clients are central members of that team. We will integrate the contributions and strengths of every team member in our commitment to excellence for the benefit of our clients.
With an ongoing and unwavering commitment to these values, we bring compassion and dedication to our clients and their families, empowering our clients to navigate the legal system with confidence.
"The team there has always been exceptional and Duane’s advice spot on."Mary
"Truly one of the most professional & knowledgeable attorneys I have had the pleasure of working with."Jay Marks
"Kelly and her associates handled my child support case with the utmost professionalism, honesty and respect. Kelly always kept me informed on what was going on with my case and what to expect. In ..."Karen
"Coker, Robb & Cannon, Family Lawyers helped us with our first Will document 15 years ago and helped us to update it recently. We were leaving the country and needed the documents done quickly. They ..."Laura
"Ms. Killebrew and those I interacted with in her office were very professional. Yet, I felt they knew who I was when I would contact the office and treated me with respect. I felt heard when I ..."April Wilkinson
"Duane and I have a mutual friend and business associate. I was well into a legal matter, and Duane very graciously spent over a full hour on the phone with me. He patiently listened and offered superb ..."Chris Hughes