Seeking Child Support? We have served families throughout Denton, Collin & Tarrant Counties since 1998.

Denton County & Collin County Child Support Attorneys

Trusted Advice from Family Law Professionals—Call (940) 293-2313

When parents do not live together—either following a divorce or because they're separated or not married—the non-custodial parent is required to make ongoing child support payments until the child turns 18 years old.

If you need assistance with a child support case, we encourage you to reach out to our team for guidance. We've been delivering effective child support solutions to families for over 20 years. Our Denton child support lawyers are committed to helping you resolve your child support matter as promptly and as effectively as possible. We have offices in Denton, Frisco, and Little Elm to better serve you.

Seek out advice from family law experts in Denton County & Collin County. Contact us online or call (940) 293-2313 today! In-person and video consultations available.

How Is Child Support Calculated in Texas?

In Texas, the amount of child support is determined by the court based on specific factors.

Child support in TX can be determined based on, but not limited to:

  • The number of children involved
  • The net income of the non-custodial parent
  • Basic living expenses for the child/children
  • Expenses for the child/children's health care
  • Expenses for the child/children's educational needs

When Does Child Support End in Texas?

A common question about child support is "Does child support automatically end at 18?" In Texas, child support ends when the child is emancipated, which happens automatically when the child turns 18 years old. In some rare cases, a child can be emancipated at a younger age, such as by getting a full-time job or joining the military.

Why You Need a Child Support Lawyer

Child support cases can be draining for most families because this issue involves two very sensitive issues: family and finances. While both parents may want what's best for their child, there are often disputes regarding a parent's ability to pay and the amount requested.

Our team understands how important it is that your children receive the financial support that he or she deserves. We will work closely with you to help make this process as stress-free as possible, and that your case receives a favorable outcome. Leave all the legal details to us, including paperwork and documents.

If your paperwork is submitted incorrectly or is incomplete, it can easily get lost in the system. Our child support attorneys in Collin County or Denton County can help to make sure all documents and paperwork are filed correctly and in a timely manner.

We're Ready to Review Your Case: (940) 293-2313

If you are going through a divorce, are seeking to establish child support, or would like to request a review of your existing child support obligations, Coker, Robb & Cannon, Family Lawyers can help. We've been working with clients across Denton County & Collin County since 1998.

Recommended Reading:

Contact Our Legal Team Today

Coker, Robb & Cannon, Family Lawyers stands at the ready to serve you. Fill out the form or call (940) 293-2313.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Hear from Real Clients

We prioritize client satisfaction - learn how our past clients have benefited from working with us.
  • “Truly one of the most professional & knowledgeable attorneys I have had the pleasure of working with.”

    Jay Marks
  • “Jacob was an excellent lawyer, he was able to confidently and competently win my case.”

    Brandon Wise
  • “I would highly recommend him to anyone.”

  • “The team there has always been exceptional and Duaneā€™s advice spot on.”

  • “He patiently listened and offered superb advice on how to proceed, all without asking for anything in return.”

    Chris Hughes
  • “I cannot thank Jackie Cannon enough for all of her help and guidance through both processes.”

  • “When all was said and done, I felt that I came out a winner.”

  • “They asked all the important questions and completed the documents in a timely manner.”

  • “Professional service, while taking time to know your case personally!”

    Karen D
  • “I appreciated the time and options given to me to help move my case forward to the desired outcome.”

    April Wilkinson