Representation for Annulments in Collin & Denton Counties
Seeking an Annulment? We Can Provide Step-by-Step Counsel
Divorce may not always be your best option. Some married couples who are seeking to separate find that an annulment is a more effective and beneficial solution. Our experienced and dedicated divorce attorneys at CokerLegal can discuss your situation and help you determine the right path for you. With more than 70 years of collective experience, we have a comprehensive understanding of family law and can help you find a favorable resolution.
Annulments vs. Divorce
While a divorce dissipates and ends a marriage, an annulment treats the marriage as though it never existed and legally declares it void. While there are many reasons that a couple might pursue an annulment over a divorce, there are specific grounds that must be met in order for an annulment to be granted.
Some grounds for an annulment include:
- One or both parties was under the age of 18 and did not have parental consent to the marriage
- The marriage was entered while one or both parties were under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- A mental disease or defect nullified one parties ability to consent to the marriage
- Either spouse was unaware of the other’s permanent physical or mental impotency at the time of the marriage
- Either party used fraud or force on the other to enter the marriage
- One party finalized a divorce within 30 days before the marriage and the petitioner was unaware at the time of entering the marriage
- The marriage was entered within 72 hours of receiving the marriage license and an annulment was filed within 30 days of the marriage
Get Started With a Board Certified Family Lawyer
CokerLegal has the experience, knowledge, and understanding of annulment laws to help you pursue a resolution. Our family attorneys can take the time to address your concerns and help you determine the best option to meet your needs.
We promptly return all phone calls, so don’t wait to get in touch with our team!