Jacqueline CannonAttorney & Shareholder
Jackie Cannon, a shareholder at CokerLegal, grew up in the Denton area and graduated from Sanger High School in 1999.Jackie is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in in Family Law, a member of the State Bar of Texas, as well as a member of the Denton County Bar Association and the American Bar Association. She is also a past president of the Denton County Bar Association’s Family Law Section.
She attended the University of North Texas and graduated in 2003 with a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science. It was during her last year at UNT that Jackie discovered her love of the legal profession. In 2007 Jackie received her J.D. from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in Fort Worth, Texas, now known as Texas A&M University School of Law.
Jackie began her career at Legal Aid of Northwest Texas and practiced in the areas of family law and civil litigation. She joined our firm in August 2008 where she continues to practice family law, and she is also a certified mediator. She was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star by Thompson Reuters in 2014 and 2015. She has spoken to local legal organizations on legal matters and has been recognized by the Denton County Alternative Dispute Program for providing volunteer mediations. Jackie works primarily out of our Denton office.
- 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 Rising Star designation
- Super Lawyers award baned one of the Up-and-Coming 100 and Up-and-Coming 50 Women
- Young Lawyers
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in in Family Law
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the Denton County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Past president of the Denton County Bar Association’s Family Law Section
Married with two daughters, she still lives in the area she grew up in with her family. Jackie shares her love of animals with her mother and has dogs and cats.