Family Lawyers in Frisco with 100+ Years of Combined Experience
At Coker, Robb & Cannon, Family Lawyers, we understand that divorce is an emotionally and financially difficult process which is why we do our best to take on as much of the legal burden for our clients as possible. We strive to provide our clients with the highest level of legal representation and personalized service. Our Frisco divorce attorneys have extensive experience in all aspects of family law, including divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, and division of marital property.
Our team of experienced family lawyers in Frisco work closely with you to understand your goals and objectives in the Texas divorce process. Our team will be by your side every step of the way, from your initial consultation, through negotiation, litigation, and settlement, to the end of your divorce case. We are deeply committed to listening and helping you work through this difficult time with as much ease as possible and to helping our clients achieve fair and equitable outcomes in their divorce cases.
Coker, Robb & Cannon, Family Lawyers offers compassionate representation in every situation. We support our clients’ needs and wishes and provide constructive guidance to help you make informed decisions regarding your case and decide how you would like it to move forward.
What Our Frisco Family Lawyers Can Do for You
At Coker, Robb, & Cannon Family Lawyers our family lawyers in Frisco, TX help resolve these issues utilizing their legal knowledge to not only strategize our clients' cases, but to offer guidance and advice as well.
Our attorneys are skilled in a wide variety of family law issues, including:
- Divorce: We understand how difficult divorce can be. Our divorce attorneys in Frisco, TX can guide you through the legal side while you focus on the emotional side.
- Collaborative Divorce: If a couple seeks a different approach to divorce, they can opt for a collaborative divorce that allows for all final decisions to be made outside of the courtroom.
- Same-Sex Marriage/Divorce: Our Frisco divorce attorneys can help ensure same-sex couples rights are protected during any divorce proceeding or other family law dispute.
- Child Custody: It can be difficult for parents to decide how to divide custody time. We can create a parenting schedule that works for all parties involved.
- Child Support: Some situations require one parent to give child support payments to the other. We can help ensure the receiving parent gets a fair amount.
- Debt Division: Marital debt can be difficult to divide, but we can help you work out a fair arrangement.
- Division of Marital Property: Some couples find it challenging to decide how to divide assets and debts. We can help couples amicably divide marital property.
- Spousal Support: Sometimes one spouse seeks monetary aid from the other during their divorce. We can help determine if spousal support is necessary and the appropriate amount.
- Adoptions: We can help you file all appropriate paperwork, set up home visits, and smoothly negotiate litigation.
- Annulment: Our divorce attorneys in Frisco, TX will work with you to determine whether your marriage is eligible for annulment and help get your case resolved quickly.
- Domestic Violence & Protective Orders: If you are a victim of domestic violence and not in immediate danger, we can help you establish a safer environment for you and your family. If you are in immediate danger, please dial 9-1-1.
- Enforcement of Court Orders: Even when an order is legally mandated by a court, some people refuse to honor the arrangement. We can help you seek enforcement of these arrangements.
- Modifications: Life changes can sometimes have an effect on court-ordered arrangements. We can help you seek order modifications that reflect these changes.
- Paternity: We can help parents establish the paternity of their child.
- Prenuptial Agreements: A prenuptial agreement is a way for couples to proactively address potential issues that could arise in the event of divorce or if one spouse dies before the other.
What Kind of Divorce Options Do I Have?
Every couple's situation is unique and deserves a customized divorce solution that meet the needs and goals of both partners. Thankfully, Texas offers a few different divorce options:
- Uncontested Divorce - “Uncontested divorce” is not an offical legal term. It simply means that both parties in a divorce agree on the terms of the marital dissolution. An uncontested divorce may look good on paper, but it often falls apart when put into effect. Even if it seems like you and your spouse agree on all the details, it's still advantageous to talk to lawyer to make sure you are aware of your rights.
- No-Fault vs. Fault Divorce - When filing for divorce in Texas you have the option to list a reason for the divorce. These reasons are adultery, cruelty, felony conviction and abandonment. This is referred to as fault. However, divorce filings are public documents, so most couples choose to file for a no-fault divorce to keep the details of their breakup private.
- Default Divorce - When one party files for divorce, the other party has a certain period of time to respond. If they fail to respond, then the court will issue a default divorce and move on with the divorce proceedings without their involvement.
- Collaborative Approach - During a collaborative divorce, both parties are represented by their own attorney and meet periodically to resolve all the details of their seperation. With collaborative divorce, you can avoid going to trial and having a family court judge determine child custody, support, etc.
Consult a Divorce Lawyer in Frisco, TX Today!
Coker, Robb, & Cannon Family Lawyers offers compassionate and skilled legal services to all our clients. Our Frisco family law attorneys will guide you through your entire case and strongly advocate for your best interests. Schedule a phone or video consultation today!
Contact Our Frisco Office
9320 Dallas Pkwy., Suite 190
Frisco, TX 75033
Call or fill out our online contact form today to set up a consultation with a Frisco divorce lawyer at Coker, Robb & Cannon!
Frisco Divorce FAQ
What Do Divorce Lawyers Do?
Divorce lawyers provide legal advice and assistance to individuals who are in the process of getting a divorce. They will help with the filing of paperwork, representation in court, negotiation of a settlement agreement, and court proceedings. They will also provide advice on financial and child custody matters, and help ensure that the divorce is finalized in an efficient and equitable manner.
Do I Need a Divorce Lawyer?
Most likely, yes, you will need a divorce attorney in Frisco, TX. Divorce is an extremely complex legal process, as well as a deeply personal matter. The best way to ensure that no mistakes are made and that your interests are protected is to hire the best possible divorce lawyer to represent you. Our team of Frisco divorce attorneys can handle the legal legwork while keeping you informed of your case and helping you to make informed decisions.
How to Find a Divorce Lawyer Near Me
Finding a divorce lawyer can be a daunting task, but there are a few steps you can take to make the process easier. Start by asking friends and family for recommendations. You can also search online for “divorce lawyers near me." When you find a few potential divorce lawyers in Frisco, call them to discuss their experience and fees. Finally, schedule a consultation with the divorce attorney to make sure they are the right fit for you.
Should I Hire a Divorce Lawyer Near Me?
It is always recommended to hire a divorce lawyer when going through a divorce in Texas, as they can help you understand the legal process, the laws that apply in your case, and the best way to protect your rights. A Frisco divorce lawyer can also help you negotiate a settlement and ensure that all of your interests are protected.
Should I File for Divorce?
This is a personal decision that only you can make. You should consider consulting with a divorce lawyer to discuss the legal implications of filing for a divorce in Texas, as well as any potential financial and emotional impacts. You should also consider speaking to a counselor or therapist to help you process your feelings and make an informed decision.
How Much Does a Divorce Lawyer Cost in Texas?
The cost of a divorce lawyer in Texas can vary depending on the complexity of the case, the number of court appearances, and other factors. Generally, divorce lawyers charge an hourly rate of $200 to $500 per hour. Some divorce lawyers offer flat fees or payment plans, so it is important to ask your lawyer about their fee structure.
How Much Does Divorce Cost in Frisco, TX?
In Frisco, TX, the cost of divorce depends on whether you live in Denton or Collin County. In Denton County, the filing fees for divorce range between $284 and $308 depending on the type of divorce. In Collin County, the filing fee for divorce is $319.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Divorce in Frisco, TX?
In Texas, there is a 60-day waiting period between the date you file for divorce and the date when you may go before a judge to finalize your divorce. Therefore, the fastest you can get divorced in Frisco, TX is 60 days, but most divorces involve complex property, custody, and support matters, meaning the divorce will take longer to be worked out. Only a Frisco divorce lawyer can give you a trustworthy idea of how long your specific divorce may take.
Will I Have to Go to Divorce Court?
If your divorce is uncontested or is an "agreed divorce," then you may not have to go to court, other than to have your divorce finalized by a judge. Many divorces require some form of mediation or litigation, however. Our Frisco divorce attorneys work hard to avoid litigation when possible, but are fully prepared to fight for your best interests if divorce court becomes necessary.
Get in touch with Coker, Robb & Cannon today! Fill out our online contact form or call today to consult a divorce lawyer in Frisco, TX.
Duane Coker Attorney & Founding Shareholder
Kelly K. E. Robb Attorney & Senior Shareholder
Jacqueline Cannon Attorney & Senior Shareholder
Shelby D. Hart Attorney & Shareholder
Malorie Crosley Attorney
Lauren Cardamone Attorney
C. Ashley Covert Attorney
Anthony Pax Attorney
Sheba George Attorney
Victoria McDowell-Drew Attorney
Tyler Livingston Attorney
Video Consultations & Meetings Available
110+ Years of Combined Legal Experience
Financing Options Are Available to Help You Get Started
Working Hard to Achieve the Best Results Possible
"The team there has always been exceptional and Duane’s advice spot on."Mary
"Truly one of the most professional & knowledgeable attorneys I have had the pleasure of working with."Jay Marks
"Kelly and her associates handled my child support case with the utmost professionalism, honesty and respect. Kelly always kept me informed on what was going on with my case and what to expect. In ..."Karen
"Coker, Robb & Cannon, Family Lawyers helped us with our first Will document 15 years ago and helped us to update it recently. We were leaving the country and needed the documents done quickly. They ..."Laura
"Ms. Killebrew and those I interacted with in her office were very professional. Yet, I felt they knew who I was when I would contact the office and treated me with respect. I felt heard when I ..."April Wilkinson
"Duane and I have a mutual friend and business associate. I was well into a legal matter, and Duane very graciously spent over a full hour on the phone with me. He patiently listened and offered superb ..."Chris Hughes