Duane L. CokerFounder & Shareholder
Duane L. Coker is the founder and a shareholder of CokerLegal which focuses on family law and probate litigation, including guardianships. He is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in in Family Law, a member of the College of the State Bar of Texas, and is a certified Ad Litem by the State Bar of Texas. He is a charter member or the Collaborative Law of Texas and is a current member of the Denton County Alternative Dispute Program and the Denton County Collaborative Professionals Board of Directors. Duane was named Super Lawyer® every year from 2011-2016 and was voted Best Family Lawyer in the Best of Denton County.
Duane opened his family law office in Denton County, Texas in 1998 and expanded to Collin County, Texas in 2010. The family law matters he handles include divorce, child custody cases, and child support cases. For all his family law cases, Duane represents clients in both Collaborative Divorce and contested litigation.
He received his under graduate degree from Baylor University as well as his law degree from the Baylor University School of Law in 1992. He was admitted to the State Bar of Wisconsin in 1993 and to the State Bar of Texas in 1994. Duane practiced at Eisenberg, Weigel, Carlson, Blau & Clemens, one of the largest law firms in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, from 1993-1994. He also worked in Washington D.C. for a member of the United States Congress.
Duane has traveled extensively throughout Europe, Asia, Central America, South America, and the United States. Duane and his wife, Louellen, lived in South Korea, where Duane was the Head Instructor at Mido International Language School in Seoul.
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Family Law
- Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas
- Certified Ad Litem by the State Bar of Texas
- Charter Member or the Collaborative Law of Texas
- Member of the Denton County Alternative Dispute Program
- Denton County Collaborative Professionals Board of Directors
- Super Lawyer® from 2011-2016
- Voted Best Family Lawyer in the Best of Denton County
Duane has spoken at many local and regional continuing legal education courses on family law, probate, and guardianship topics.
- Certified Mediator
- 2012-13 President of the Denton County Bar Association
- Past President of the Family Law Section of the Denton County Bar Association
- Senior Founding Fellow of the Texas College of Collaborative Law
- Collin County Bar Association
Duane has many hobbies—most a little too exciting for his mother—into which he exhibits the same level of competitiveness as he does in the courtroom. He has been a part of several regional and national championship sailing crews, competed in the 2014 USAT National Olympic Distance Age-Group Championships, and qualified to be part of Team USA for the 2014 Off-Road Triathlon International Age-Group Championships.
He is an avid endurance sports enthusiast and has completed a marathon, numerous half marathons, ridden his bike up some of the highest and steepest mountains in America and Europe, completed a Half Ironman triathlon, and is training to complete his first Ironman Triathlon.